2020 PCA Pharmacy Spring Educational Symposiums
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is becoming more widespread in the U.S. and around the world. We are taking precautionary measures, following the lead of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which is releasing guidance for employers and businesses to contain the spread of the virus. Our customers trust us and we take that seriously. So, it’s essential to be vigilant when it comes to COVID‑19.
In addition, we want to let you know that effective immediately, PCA Pharmacy has implemented the following measures to plan and respond to COVID-19:
- Infection control measures to ensure we are able to maintain excellent customer service for our valued business partners, including:
- Actively, encouraging sick employees to remain at home.
- Emphasizing respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene by all employees.
- Limiting non-essential business travel and requiring travel screening surveys to limit risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- Pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical supply chain assurance measures, including:
- Actively working with our primary and secondary supply chain partners to ensure uninterrupted access to critical medications and medial supplies that we provide to our customers.
- Pursuing additional new suppliers, where possible, to bolster supply chain readiness.
- Business continuity measures, including:
- Preparing our 8 individual pharmacy business units to be able to assist other pharmacies, in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak at one of our pharmacy locations.